Paediatric physiotherapists are movement experts for babies, children and adolescents.
Movement is an important aspect of development for babies and children. Movement allows babies and children to explore their bodies, their environment, and all the things in their world – being able to move easily and successfully is essential for learning and growing.
Paediatric physiotherapists work with children and their families to improve the child’s ability to move and participate in all the things they need to do, like playing, learning, going to school, and being part of a family and community.
WHAT WE DO:
- Comprehensive physiotherapy assessment
- Individualised, goal directed treatment
- Education to complement and support treatment
- Visits to day cares, schools, local parks and recreation and sporting venues
- Orthotic analysis and prescription
- Equipment trials, prescription and funding applications
- Botox management – assessment, education, follow-up
- Referral to other health professionals
SOME REASONS YOU MIGHT SEEK THE HELP OF THOMASTOWN PHYSIOTHERAPY:
You want to optimise your child’s development:
- You have concerns about your child’s posture, movement, coordination, or balance
- Your child has a diagnosed condition, such as cerebral palsy or Down syndrome
You have concerns about your child’s muscles, joints or bones:
- Your child lies with their head turned to one side and/ or has a at spot on the back of their head
- You are concerned about your child’s feet, knees or legs
- Your child complains of pain in their joints or muscles
- Your child needs treatment following an injury, fracture, surgery or Botox injections
- Your child has juvenile arthritis or haemophilia
Or your child has one of the following conditions:
- Cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, tracheo- or bronchomalacia