We are able to offer our patients access to a supervised hydrotherapy class at Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre.
Address: 52-54 Main Street Thomastown
Ph: 03 9463 0700
Class: Tuesdays; 4:00pm – 5:00pm
How does Hydrotherapy Work?
- The heated pool relaxes muscles and therefore relieves pain
- The hydrostatic effect of the water pressure increases blood circulation
- The buoyancy effect of the water assists movement creating a massage effect while relieving the stress of gravity
Who can benefit from hydrotherapy?
- Back Pain
- Whiplash and other Neck Pain
- Shoulder and Upper Limb Injuries
- Hip and Lower Limb Injuries
- Work and accident related injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Post Operative Rehabilitation
Strengthening exercises can be performed in a low gravity environment. Exercises that would be too painful to perform on land are easily achieved in the water. The exercises strengthen muscles and result in improved mobility on land. It is a good reintroduction into exercise for Worksafe and TAC patients.